Advantages of a currency card:
– You lock in the exchange rate so that if it changes for the worse while you are away, you wont be effected because your funds have already been converted.
– You wont be charged a currency conversion fee every time you withdraw money from a foreign ATM.
– You wont be charged a conversion fee from your bank every time you withdraw money or make a purchase using your card overseas.
– Currency cards allow you to load a number of currencies onto the same card so you don’t have to worry about finding cash converters when you’re travelling.
– You are able to top up your card and view your cards activity online when ever you need to as you would with your regular bank card.
An example of a good multi currency card is the Cash Passport Multi Currency Card offered by Mastercard. Details here.